Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bandai 1/2200 Argama (Kai) Plastic Model Conversion Update

In the first official post on this blog, I thought I'd update the progress on the Argama Kai project.
Basic layout of the ship is finalized - To minimize the work, I will simply be fabricating an extension to spread the side runways outward, and building the center hanger and both front and rear runways. I planned to use the stablizing panels from the kit to form the new wings...


Using plastic boards, hollow rectangular beams and after market parts to add detail, I built out the two extension pieces that are now attached to the original support for the side runways.


The center runway is made of 2 pieces of 1.5 mm plastic board glued together and filed on the sides to create the angular shape. I also use triangular beams from Tamiya to provide added support for the rear runway as well as detail under the engine.


I scraped the original plan for the wings and fabricated new ones out of, yes, more plastic boards. More aftermarket parts from Kotobukiya and Wave were added to create the vents on the wings and the radar ears on the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment